Shraddha Kapoor is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in Bollywood. She has starred in several hit films such as Aashiqui 2, Ek Villain, ABCD 2, Baaghi, Stree, Chhichhore, Ok Jaanu, and more. She is also a talented singer who has sung many of her own film songs. She is the daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor and the niece of singers Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. She has a huge fan following on social media and is known for her beauty, charm, and style. But how much do you know about her personal life and background? Here are some facts about Shraddha Kapoor that you may not know.
Date of Birth
Shraddha Kapoor was born on 3 March 1987 or 1989 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is 36 years old. She celebrates her birthday on 3 March every year with her family and friends. She is a Pisces by zodiac sign and has a cheerful and optimistic personality.
Shraddha Kapoor’s full name is Shraddha Shakti Kapoor. Her nickname is Chirkoot. She is an Indian by nationality and follows Hinduism as her religion. Her caste is Khatri. Her blood group is O positive.
Shraddha Kapoor completed her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School and American School of Bombay in Mumbai. She was a bright student and scored 95% in her 12th standard board exams. She was also good at sports and extracurricular activities. She played soccer, basketball, handball, and badminton in school. She also participated in drama and dance competitions.
Shraddha Kapoor wanted to pursue a career in psychology and enrolled in Boston University in the USA for higher studies. However, she dropped out of college after one year to pursue her passion for acting. She later took an online course in scriptwriting from New York University.
Height and Weight
Shraddha Kapoor has a slim and fit body with an hourglass figure. Her height is 5 feet 5 inches (165 cm) and her weight is 52 kg (115 lbs). Her body measurements are 34-25-34 inches. Her eye color is hazel brown and her hair color is black.
Shraddha Kapoor was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Mumbai is the capital city of Maharashtra and the financial and entertainment hub of India. It is also known as the city of dreams as it attracts many aspiring actors and artists from all over the country.
Shraddha Kapoor’s mother is Shivangi Kolhapure. She is an actress who has worked in Hindi films such as Kismet (1980), Vidhaata (1982), Pyaar Jhukta Nahin (1985), etc. She is also a trained classical singer who belongs to the Mangeshkar-Hardikar-Abhisheki-Kolhapure family. She is the daughter of Pandharinath Kolhapure, a classical singer and the nephew of Deenanath Mangeshkar, the father of Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle. She is also the sister of Padmini Kolhapure and Tejaswini Kolhapure, both actresses.
Shraddha Kapoor’s father is Shakti Kapoor. He is a famous actor who has worked in more than 700 films in Hindi cinema. He is well known for playing villainous and comic roles in films such as Qurbani (1980), Himmatwala (1983), Tohfa (1984), ChaalBaaz (1989), Raja Babu (1994), Judwaa (1997), etc. He has won several awards for his performances, such as the Filmfare Award for Best Comedian for Raja Babu (1994) and the Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Hungama (2003).
Shraddha Kapoor has one elder brother named Siddhanth Kapoor. He is an actor and director who has worked in films such as Shootout at Wadala (2013), Ugly (2014), Haseena Parkar (2017), etc. He made his debut as a child artist in the film Judwaa (1997) where he played the younger version of his father’s character. He also assisted director Priyadarshan in films such as Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007) and Chup Chup Ke (2006).
Shraddha Kapoor has been linked with several actors and celebrities in the past. Some of her rumored boyfriends are:
- Aditya Roy Kapur: He is an actor who co-starred with Shraddha Kapoor in the film Aashiqui 2 (2013). They had a sizzling chemistry on screen and off screen. They were often spotted together at parties and events. However, they never confirmed their relationship and eventually parted ways.
- Rohan Shrestha: He is a photographer who is a childhood friend of Shraddha Kapoor. They have known each other since school and share a close bond. They were rumored to be dating for a long time and were even planning to get married. However, they broke up in March 2023 due to some personal issues.
- Rahul Mody: He is a writer and assistant director who worked with Shraddha Kapoor in the film Luv Ka The End (2011). They were said to be in a relationship for a brief period but soon called it quits.
As of now, Shraddha Kapoor is single and focusing on her career.
Shraddha Kapoor is an actress and singer who works in Hindi films. She made her debut in the film Teen Patti (2010) where she played a small role alongside Amitabh Bachchan and R. Madhavan. She got her first lead role in the film Luv Ka The End (2011) where she played a teenage girl who plots revenge against her cheating boyfriend.
She rose to fame with the film Aashiqui 2 (2013) where she played a singer who falls in love with a musician played by Aditya Roy Kapur. The film was a huge hit and earned her critical acclaim and commercial success. She received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her performance.
She then starred in several successful films such as Ek Villain (2014), Haider (2014), ABCD 2 (2015), Baaghi (2016), Stree (2018), Chhichhore (2019), etc. She also sang many of her own film songs such as “Galliyan” from Ek Villain, “Bezubaan Phir Se” from ABCD 2, “Sab Tera” from Baaghi, etc.
She is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in Bollywood. She has been featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2014 and was featured by Forbes Asia in their 30 Under 30 list of 2016. She has also endorsed several brands and products such as Lipton, Veet, Lakme, etc. In 2015, she launched her own line of clothing called Imara.
Shraddha Kapoor’s All Movie List
Shraddha Kapoor has worked in more than 20 films till date. Here are some of the movies that she has been a part of:
- Teen Patti (2010): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s debut film where she played a small role alongside Amitabh Bachchan and R. Madhavan.
- Luv Ka The End (2011): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first lead role where she played a teenage girl who plots revenge against her cheating boyfriend.
- Aashiqui 2 (2013): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s breakthrough film where she played a singer who falls in love with a musician played by Aditya Roy Kapur.
- Ek Villain (2014): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Mohit Suri where she played a journalist who gets killed by a serial killer.
- Haider (2014): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Vishal Bhardwaj where she played a Kashmiri girl who loves a man who seeks revenge for his father’s death.
- ABCD 2 (2015): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Remo D’Souza where she played a dancer who participates in a dance competition with her team.
- Baaghi (2016): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Tiger Shroff where she played a rebellious girl who falls in love with a martial arts expert.
- Rock On 2 (2016): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Farhan Akhtar where she played a singer who joins a rock band.
- Ok Jaanu (2017): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s second film with Aditya Roy Kapur where she played an architect who has a live-in relationship with a game developer.
- Half Girlfriend (2017): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Arjun Kapoor where she played a rich girl who has a complicated relationship with a poor boy.
- Haseena Parkar (2017): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first biopic where she played the role of Haseena Parkar, the sister of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
- Stree (2018): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first horror-comedy film where she played the role of Stree, a vengeful spirit who preys on men during a festival in a small town.
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu (2018): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Shahid Kapoor where she played a lawyer who fights for the rights of electricity consumers.
- Saaho (2019): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Prabhas where she played a crime branch officer who gets involved in a high-octane action thriller.
- Chhichhore (2019): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s first film with Sushant Singh Rajput where she played a college student who reunites with her old friends after a tragedy.
- Street Dancer 3D (2020): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s second film with Remo D’Souza where she played a dancer who competes with another team for a cause.
- Baaghi 3 (2020): This was Shraddha Kapoor’s second film with Tiger Shroff where she played an air hostess who helps her boyfriend rescue his brother from terrorists.
Shraddha Kapoor’s Upcoming Movie List
Shraddha Kapoor has some exciting projects lined up for the next two years. Here are some of the upcoming films that she will be seen in:
- Luv Ranjan’s Untitled: This is one of the most anticipated films of Shraddha Kapoor as she will be paired opposite Ranbir Kapoor for the first time. The film is directed by Luv Ranjan, who is known for his romantic comedies such as Pyaar Ka Punchnama and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety. The film also marks the debut of producer Boney Kapoor as an actor. The film is expected to release on 26 Jan 2023 and will clash with Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone starrer Fighter.
- Nagin: Shraddha Kapoor will be seen in a different avatar as she will play an ichhadhaari nagin (a shape-shifting snake) in this film. The film is directed by Vishal Furia and produced by Nikhil Dwivedi. The film is designed as a trilogy and will be a modern take on the classic nagin folklore. Shraddha Kapoor will follow the footsteps of Reena Roy, Rekha, and Sridevi, who have played the iconic role of nagin in the past.
- Stree 2: Shraddha Kapoor will reprise her role as the mysterious Stree in this sequel to the 2018 horror-comedy hit. The film will also star Rajkummar Rao, Aparshakti Khurana, and Pankaj Tripathi. The film is directed by Amar Kaushik and produced by Dinesh Vijan. The film will continue the story of Stree, who is a vengeful spirit who preys on men during a festival in a small town.
Net Worth 2023
Shraddha Kapoor has a net worth of $15 million as of 2023. She charges around 6 crore rupees per film. She also earns from endorsements, stage shows, music royalties, etc.
Shraddha Kapoor’s trajectory in Bollywood epitomizes the fusion of talent, perseverance, and a genuine love for the craft. From her initial steps into the industry to her current status as a leading actress, she has maintained an unwavering dedication to her art. With a remarkable ability to immerse herself in characters and a magnetic screen presence, Shraddha Kapoor continues to shine brightly, leaving an indelible mark on the canvas of Indian cinema.
In an industry that thrives on diversity and innovation, Shraddha Kapoor stands as a testament to the power of talent and determination. Her journey is a source of inspiration for aspiring actors and a reminder that with passion and hard work, the stars are within reach, illuminating the path to success.