Carryminati is one of the most popular and successful YouTubers in India, who has over 39 million subscribers on his main channel and over 10 million subscribers on his second channel. He is known for his hilarious and witty videos, where he roasts various online topics, celebrities, trends, and controversies. He is also a rapper and a singer, who has released hit songs like Yalgaar, Zindagi, and Vardaan. But do you know how old is Carryminati? In this blog post, we will reveal his age and some interesting facts about his life.
Carryminati’s real name is Ajey Nagar, and he was born on 12 June 1999 in Faridabad, a city near India’s national capital New Delhi. That means he is currently 24 years old as of July 2023. He celebrates his birthday on 12 June every year with his family and friends. He is a Gemini by zodiac sign.
Early Life and Education
Ajey Nagar was interested in YouTube since he was 8 years old. He used to watch football tutorials on YouTube and got inspired to create his own channel. In 2010, he started his first channel called Stealth Fearzz, where he posted videos related to football tricks and tutorials. However, he did not get much attention from the viewers.
He then switched to gaming videos and created another channel called Addicted A1 in 2014. He uploaded recorded video game footage along with his reactions to the game. He also tried to mimic Bollywood actors like Shah Rukh Khan and Sunny Deol in his commentary. He changed his channel’s name to CarryDeol and then to CarryMinati later.
He attended Delhi Public School, Faridabad till 2016, when he dropped out to pursue his YouTube career. He skipped his Class-XII Board examination because of his nervousness about passing the economics exam. He later completed his schooling through long-distance learning. His elder brother, Yash Nagar, is a music producer and composer who has collaborated with him as Wily Frenzy.
Read more about Carryminati Net Worth
Ajey Nagar got inspired by the YouTube channel Leafyishere, who made gameplay roast videos. He decided to adopt the same format in his videos and started roasting various online topics and personalities in a humorous way. He gained popularity with his video “Making Money with BB Ki Vines”, where he roasted Bhuvan Bam’s video. The video went viral overnight and became the turning point of his YouTube career.
Since then, Nagar has made many roast videos on various subjects such as TikTok vs YouTube, Bigg Boss, Dhinchak Pooja, Om Prakash Mishra, and many others. He has also collaborated with other popular YouTubers and actors such as Ashish Chanchlani, Bhuvan Bam, Harsh Beniwal, Avneet Kaur, and Tom Cruise. Some of his most viewed videos are:
- YouTube vs TikTok – The End (76M views)
- STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS | YOUTUBE VS TIK TOK: THE END (69M views)
- TIKTOK EVOLUTION 2019 | CARRYMINATI (53M views)
In 2017, Nagar started his second YouTube channel CarryisLive, where he uploads gaming and live stream videos. He plays games like PUBG Mobile, GTA V, Minecraft, Among Us, and many others. He also interacts with his fans and answers their questions during his live streams.
Nagar is also a rapper and a singer who has released several songs on his YouTube channel and other streaming platforms. His songs have millions of views and streams, generating revenue from royalties and downloads. His most popular song is Yalgaar, which he released in June 2020 as a response to the controversy surrounding his video “YouTube vs TikTok – The End”. The video was removed by YouTube for violations against the platform’s terms of service, citing reasons such as cyberbullying and harassment. Yalgaar has over 180 million views on YouTube and is one of the most liked non-music videos on the platform.
Nagar has also released other songs such as Zindagi, Vardaan, Trigger, Warrior Aaji Suhi Daaru Peeke Roj Jindagi Nu Jiye Jaana Aa…, and Bye Pewdiepie. He has collaborated with other musical artists such as Wily Frenzy (his brother), Wilbur Soot (a British YouTuber), Raftaar (an Indian rapper), Salim Merchant (an Indian composer), and Kalamkaar (an Indian hip hop label).
Awards and Achievements
Nagar has won many awards and accolades for his YouTube career. Some of them are:
- Silver Play Button (2016) for reaching 100K subscribers on CarryMinati
- Gold Play Button (2017) for reaching 1M subscribers on CarryMinati
- Diamond Play Button (2020) for reaching 10M subscribers on CarryMinati
- Most Popular Channel on YouTube at the MTV India IWMBuzz Digital Awards (2019)
- Best Influencer Award at the Cosmopolitan India Blogger Awards (2019)
- Best YouTuber Award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards (2020)
Personal Life and Controversies
Nagar is currently unmarried and lives with his family in Faridabad. He is a Hindu and belongs to the Gurjar caste. He has a tattoo of “Om Nama Shivai” on his right arm. He is fond of traveling and exploring new places, as seen on his Instagram posts. He is also a social media influencer, who has a huge fan base across different platforms. He has over 16 million followers on Instagram, over 3 million followers on Twitter, and over 8 million followers on Facebook.
Nagar has also been involved in some controversies due to his roast videos. Some of them are:
- In 2017, he was accused of plagiarism by another YouTuber named Abhishek Mishra, who claimed that Nagar had copied his video idea and content. Nagar denied the allegations and said that he had taken inspiration from Leafyishere, not Mishra.
- In 2018, he was criticized by some people for making fun of the Me Too movement in India in one of his videos. He later apologized for his remarks and said that he did not intend to hurt anyone’s sentiments.
- In 2020, he was involved in a heated online feud with Amir Siddiqui, a popular TikTok star, who had posted a video criticizing YouTube and its content creators. Nagar responded with his video “YouTube vs TikTok – The End”, where he roasted Siddiqui and other TikTok users. The video became viral and broke many records, but it also sparked a lot of backlash from some people who accused Nagar of cyberbullying, body-shaming, slut-shaming, homophobia, and hate speech. The video was eventually taken down by YouTube for violating its terms of service.
Carryminati is one of the most successful and talented YouTubers in India, who has achieved fame and fortune through his hard work and passion. He is an inspiration for many aspiring content creators who want to pursue their dreams and make people laugh. He is also a versatile artist who has shown his skills in music and rap. He is a true entertainer who knows how to connect with his audience and make them happy.